5 Things To Know Before Starting A New Fitness Routine
- Asses your health – the first things you should do is asses your current health condition. Do you suffer from hear disease, diabetes, asthma, osteoporosis or other diseases? Have you ever had a stroke? Are you taking any medication for blood pressure? If so, have a chat to our doctor before starting an exercise program.
- Set realistic goals – before you get started it’s important to have clear goals in mind. This will allow you to stay motivated and give you determination to push through and succeed. Maybe you want to run a marathon? Maybe you want to have more energy and tone up? Your goals should always be realistic and attainable.
- Fitness takes time – remember it takes time to see results, you won’t get fit overnight! You may even lose motivation – this is completely normal. Be consistent, focus on your goals and always have patience. Reward yourself, try new exercises, break large goals into smaller ones, do whatever you can to stay motivated.
- Learn to eat/drink properly – you’ll need to change you diet once you start exercising regularly. Your muscles will require more protein and complex carbs to grow and recover after working out. Now is the time to give up junk food! Base your diet around lean meat, fish, nuts, seeds, green leafy vegetables, fruit and legumes. Ensure you drink an adequate amount of water during and after exercise to avoid dehydration as this can cause muscle cramps and fatigue.
- Exercise can be painful – it’s important to be aware that you may become sore after exercising especially if you are out of shape or push yourself too hard. Having sore muscles is completely normal and tends to go away within a few days. Always start off with lighter exercise and work your way up.
Want to get in touch with us? We’d love to hear from you and help you start you on your fitness journey! Contact us here 08 9328 2002 or email@example.com